We’re rather proud of what Struthan Cottage offers! Not just the eco and user friendly appliances, but also the incredible technology that we’ve packed into the cottage for your enjoyment. We’ve taken every care to ensure your holiday experience is comfortable, you have everything you need and will ensure long lasting fond memories. Here’s a list of what you can expect in and around Struthan Cottage:
Heating & Plumbing
- State of the art Underfloor Heating, Central heating and upstairs radiators with thermostats!
- 2 Traditional wood, peat and coal burning stoves downstairs!
- Traditional new ceramic sinks in both toilet and kitchen!
- Stainless Steel Electric Towel Rail in Bathroom!
- High Capacity New Boiler/Tank for excellent water pressure & plenty of available hot water!
- Amazing power shower!
- Modern, stainless steel mixer taps!
- Backup emergency hot water system!
- Backup secondary heating with oil filled radiators.
- Traditional wooden Beams exposed adding to the “old but new” effect!
- 1 Double Bedroom with Double bed & 1 Twin Bedroom with 2 single beds!
- Wardrobe and clothes storage space with cupboard lighting.
- Handy light switches ensuring you can switch off downstairs lights from upstairs!
- Comfortable, brand new Beds, Furniture and art deco features!
- TV’s and DVD players in each bedroom!
- Blackout Blinds, Chest of Drawers, alarm clock and Bedside Lamps!
- Wi-fi enabled Broadband throughout entire house! (Excellent strength as the cottage is near the wifi outdoor mast!)
- 42″ Smart LED TV in Living Room and Flat Screens in Master and 2nd bedrooms!
- 2 DVD players, Stereo Hi-fi, Radio, and PS4 (complete with extensive 40+ catalog of excellent games!) Access to Netflix, Now TV and SkyGo.
- Satellite TV Package in Living Room with 160 FREE channels!
- Digital heating controls!
- Alexa Music & CD Music player complete with i-Pod / I-Phone docking and charge stations including lightning connectors for chargers!
- USB charging points built into several power sockets!
- Surge Protection Extension Cables
- Outside PIR sensor lighting at entrance!
- Inside PIR kitchen lighting with motion detector auto off!
- Heated towel Rail with auto off mode!
- Eco friendly, LED ceiling throughout, wall and table lamps!
Kitchen & Bathroom
- Stylish, traditional Old Style Oak Integrated Kitchen with wood worktops!
- Washing Machine, Fridge/Freezer, Dishwasher, eco Microwave
- Plenty of Storage space c/w Iron, Ironing Board and Hairdryers.
- New Oven and ceramic electric hob.
- Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine & Cafetière
- Small 4 seated area complete with wooden table!
- White ceramic Toilet suite, with corner Bath!
- Provided washing up powder, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll and binbags.
- Tiled Shower Enclosure with Powerful shower!
- Electric Shaver socket!
- Large Wood Burning Stove below mirror.
Living Room, Hall & Porch
- Comfortable Sofas (double sofabed!), traditional furniture and plenty of wall sockets!
- Beautiful Wooden Spiral Staircase!
- Porch Area, complete with shoe & coat storage space!
- Small Wood Burning Stove
- Bookcase with over 200 movies, loads of books and games!
- Toy Cupboard packed with games, toys and jigsaws.
The Byre, Shed & Garden
- Completely enclosed walled garden (ideal for children or pets!)
- Outside mains Lighting!
- Large Front and Rear Garden complete with seating /tabled picnic area!
- Beautiful plants and palms for seasonal colours
- Extensive parking area for 2 cars!
- Grass area for kids of pets to play on
- Stunning views over to sea on horizon!
- Picnic Tables and Chairs, Large Wooden Benches and Night solar lighting!
- Outside Byre and Shed is currently padlocked for use of the owner only.
Other Unique Features which make our Cottage your first choice
- New double glazing throughout!
- Stunning views of Loch Bhassapol and over to sea on horizon!
- Baby High Seat, Travel Baby Cot and Baby/Toddler Buggy Provided!
- Hardwood solid front doors with triple glazed panel!
- Pet Friendly. Well behaved Pets (up to 2 dogs) are welcome!
- The DVD film library is stocked with all the latest, blockbuster films!
- Board Games, a small book library, CDs and console games!
- Black out Blinds throughout upstairs!
- Obscured Glass Block Internal Walling Features with concealed lighting!
- Affordable and let all year round! Ideal for couples or families.
- Decorated with photographs and pictures of nearby locations on Tiree!
- 10 minutes by car to the pub, 10 minutes to the local shop or community hall!
- We put up Christmas decorations if your stay is in December.
- Immediately beside main Watersports Loch!
- Only 3 minutes by car, or 15 minutes walking to the beach!
- It’s quiet, peaceful. Private away from Neighbours!
- Only 15 minutes to the ferry terminal and 10 minutes drive to airport!