Tiree’s own fitness man, Will Wright has set a new challenge to Tiree folk, and especially his Boot camp team. Written on this blog today:
It’s time for a challenge, and last minute challenges are always the best! Tomorrow instead of the usual Boot Camp there will be instead the opportunity to take part in the Boot Camp Challenge; a little bit of cross training to get you out of your comfort zones. You have 48 hours to do the challenge, i.e. Saturday and Sunday and it’s really simple: 3 PEAKS – that’s Ben Hynish, Kenovara, Beinn Hough.
Earn BRONZE for doing one of Tiree’s hills
Earn SILVER for doing two of them
Or grab a GOLD for getting to the top of all 3 hills
The weather forecast looks good so get out there and enjoy the views. By Sunday night I want to know what you managed and I’ll put your efforts on the website. Here’s a few ideas for some extra points:
* Walk, cycle or run the distance in between the hills
* Do them all in the same day
* Take a camping stove and make a cup of tea at the summit
* Do one of the hills at night (full moon this weekend so if it’s clear skies there will be lots of light)
* A one minute plank at the top of every hill or anything else equally ridiculous
Good luck team Boot Camp!! I look forward to hearing what you do.