Posted by: tireecottage | March 22, 2020

Coronavirus Update – Cancellations

Following the National news today from Nicola Sturgeon, now asking for holiday cottage closures all over Scotland and further restrictions on Calmac travel, we regrettably but understandably have decided to temporarily close, cancelling bookings until further notice. Actually we made the decision last night.

We will never put profit before the health of people on Tiree or our guests. We have already made arrangements to close down the cottage with immediate effect, taking the opportunity to deep clean.

We have this morning already contacted all our immediate guests travelling before 9th May 2020 and discussed their bookings and re-bookings for 2021.

We’re looking to ensure our customers can be moved and don’t lose out financially where possible and will provide documentation to assist their travel insurance claims.

Bookings from 9th May onwards will be reviewed on a rolling basis until such a time Scottish Government restrictions are lifted and Tiree is deemed safe.

This was shaping to be a record year of bookings for us. The decision will deeply impact our business. The whole travel and tourism industry has been affected, and though some people will be disappointed, we ask for your understanding and patience at this difficult time.

Make no mistake, our business will be back once this global pandemic passes and guests can once again get to visit this beautiful, vibrant island. We’ll post news on our website and on facebook as it impacts us further or as the situation improves. Be safe. Take care of each other.


Categories

%d bloggers like this: